Thursday 28 February 2019

My Accident Story



February 2019

By Jemima 

I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount.


Have you ever felt you were breaking the speed limit but you were just riding on a wooden toy in your hallway? Well about eight years ago I had a horrible accident involving the most harmless thing you could think of! A little wooden busy bee with wheels.

At the crack of dawn, two year old me thought it would be a very wise idea to get out my favourite toy and ride it up and down the hallway. In my speedy pyjamas I climbed aboard and built up speed on my bee. I felt the wind brushing through my hair, my feet lifting off the ground, what a great feeling it was!

Then there came a sudden crash! I filled the house with a massive cry. I was now on the ground, and my bee beside me. As I lifted myself off the floor I could see the blood pouring out, I felt around my face and could feel a massive spilt in my chin. 

Mum ran in shouting out things like, “What happened?” and, “Oh my!” Then just as all good parents would do, my mum got me in the car as I braced myself for the tragic day ahead! Hours later we were still in A+E as my chin would not stop bleeding. As soon after it did stop bleeding I was seen by the doctors and they were able to paste it up. 

I was very lucky to not need stitches but to this day I am very cautious when it comes to small wooden toys with wheels! Overall this was not the best day!

No comments:

Post a Comment