Saturday 7 April 2018

The Best Dance Ever

As I walk into my changing room I spot all my friends. I go and take a seat as I re-apply my makeup. Then me and my crew went over our routine, even though I was in my hip hop costume. We took a photo and found a spot to relax.

Me and my hip hop squad were called backstage. We fixed up our bobby pins so our hats would stay on. We creeped to the side of the stage to see the last people finish their dance.

I heard the music start. My heart was beating fast. I ran on stage on my own. Later in the dance I grooved to the front to take my front and center position. Around 2 minutes later we all danced off stage and a big cheer goes up. I rushed to the changing rooms and swapped costumes. Soon my mum came in and re-did my hair and makeup before I was back on the side of the stage getting ready to go on and dance.

We ran on like little pixies in our jazz shoes. The music began. I hoped I would get my cue to jump up correct and I did. Before I knew it I was doing my solo part; a sassy point and hip wiggle. We ran to the edge and got our flags to wave in the air. I had the german flag. Then we posed and left the stage.

My mum came and got me and we went into the auditorium to watch the rest of the show. Then we had the AWARDS!!!!! My name was on the award list twice! The first award I got was a top dancer certificate for American jazz. Next I got a most improved certificate for hip hop! I was so so outstanded!

We had that over and done with but I had to go back at night to repeat my hip hop routine.

1 comment:

  1. I love the first paragraph really intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete